- Do Healthy dogs get fleas and worms?
Healthy dogs with great immune systems don't get fleas and worms. The very young, ill or old are more likely to.
Dogs fed on carbohydrate diets are more likely to get fleas and worms.
In general pups are born with worms. Generally due to being infested with dormant eggs with in the mum during gestation and activated during pregnancy.
Now you've taken the step to feed an appropriate un-processed species specific diet for your dog. Below are some tips to help you decided if going completely natural for your dog is the way forward.
There is no need to put chemical flea or worm treatment on your dog if they have non.
Dimatomaceous Earth is a completely natural plant product that deters fleas and removes fleas and ticks on your pets and in your home. https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/5-easy-uses-of-diatomaceous-earth-for-your-dog/
We also offer a wide range of natural products, like Ticked Off, please do take a look:
- completely health dog on a raw diet is unlikely to get worms.
- Avoid unnecessary treatment. If they don't have worms then we don't need to treat. we recommend performing a worm count: Here is a link for your ease. www.wormcount.com
- Dimatomaceous Earth is a completely natural plant product that when taken by mouth kills the majority of worms. Tape worm and lung worm are a little more tricky.. https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/5-easy-uses-of-diatomaceous-earth-for-your-dog/
- Verm-X is also a completely natural worm prevention and treatment. Wildly available.
- Our own worms away you can add to your delivery. https://www.bellaandduke.com/products/worms-away/
4. Are vaccination repeats necessary?
Many ask this question. Concerned about the amount of chemicals we put in and on our dogs. We cannot advise how you should proceed when it comes to vaccinating your dog.
However, here are some links that may help you to decide. What is right for you and your dog is always your choice.